Wednesday, April 30, 2008

For The Record, I Think "Metrosexual" Is A Really Silly Term.

Truly. Maybe I am sensitive because it can be argued that i am included in this group. To me it sounds like a whimsical joke, like isn't it cute how it rhymes with "heterosexual". I also think the term misses the point because what it should be referring to is how these hetero men inhabit gender, not reiterating about their/our sexuality. To me, it would make more sense to call hetero men who are androgynous to femme (or embodying a stereotype of gay male behavior) metrogendered. But maybe that would be too radical for most hetero men to take on, like maybe we aren't "sexual" beings anymore, or perhaps the associations with the transgendered community might make some hetero men want to distance themselves from this term. hmm.

Just a little ranty rant.

No comments: