Friday, May 2, 2008

Margaret Cho's "Beautiful" Tour: Just 10 Shows Left


Margaret Cho on Beauty:

I want to explore the nature of beauty. What is funny and scary about it, why we often don't feel beautiful because our society's standards are so rigid and unattainable. A DJ once asked me, "If you woke up tomorrow and you were beautiful, what would you do? If you were, blonde, blue-eyed, 5 foot 11, and weighed 100 pounds, what would you do?!?" Well, I probably wouldn't get up in that case, because I'd be too weak to stand. If that is his only idea of beauty then I feel really sorry for him. I want everyone to feel beautiful and I want to do it with laughter. Why not feel good about ourselves?

I wasn't the DJ who asked that question, i'm proud to say. Grab tickets while you can! I myself have never seen her live, and i'm really looking forward to it! Here is her tour schedule, and her fabulous, brilliant blog. Anyone else going to Santa Rosa?

No comments: